Milkface Nursingwear Inc

What's new and on my mind at milkface

Monday, March 05, 2007

March Milkface Mom of the Month


So many M words in that title!



Name – Cheryl Hilborn
City – Ottawa
Kids – 2 great kids. Jenna is 4 1/2 and Evan is 18 months
Job – WAHM - I own Tickled Pink Designs
Best baby/kid product and why – A sling of course - although I like so many diffferent ones I absolutely LOVE my Kozy (mei tei) Carrier. Evan has gone everywhere in it - even Jenna has had a ride or two :) Being able to carry my babies was really important to me. I remember walking through the mall running after Jenna and nursing Evan in the Kozy. I felt like supermom! You couldn't even tell he was nursing and hre I was being able to keep up with Jenna and not have her feeling left out or ignored - and we got our shopping done too!
Favourite thing purchased from milkface and why – Hmm - My BOOB tops are probably my favourite clothes although I am also very fond of the Belly Huggers especailly with the cold weather. The BOOB tops made me feel so good postpartum and they are still the first tops I reach for even now. It makes nursing so discrete when you are out and about. They are the perfect companion to the Kozy carrier -no one even knows when we are nursing.
Favourite quick dinner – Scrambled eggs and toast -total comfort food
Links you love – Where to start :) Here are the latest ones.

candacepert.com/blog/blog.htm I loved her book Molecules of Emotion when I read it about 10 years ago - I just rediscovered her
alfiekohn.com - I love his parenting book - especially Unconditional parenting
enjoyparenting.com - great newsletter called the daily groove - I look forward to it everyday

Best mom tip – Remember that kids are inherently good. They don't do things to get you mad - they just do things so they feel good. I find if we can look at things this way everyone is happier :)
Favourite way to relax – Bubble bath and a book. It alternates between the latest Nora Roberts and the latest parenting book. Alfie Kohn and John Holt are my current favourites.
Favourite game to play with the kids – Right now it is definitely hide-and-seek. Various versions depending on the day
Favourite thing to do on a rainy day with kids – When we've just had too much indoor time we go to Cosmic Adventures - a very fun indoor playground. Our latest cold day fun is to fill up our plastic pool with snow and then paint it with tempra paint/ water. Then we make snow castles and sculptures. So much fun!

1 Comments:

At 5:32 AM , Blogger orion vaughan said...

Playground equipment has evolved to make things more fun for kids. Wilkins Solutions provides playground equipment in Orlando for schools, hotels, apartments and more. playgorund equipment Orlando.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home