Milkface Nursingwear Inc

What's new and on my mind at milkface

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Milkface Mom of the Month







Here's our lastest blog feature - each month we're talking to one mom out there to find out a little bit more about her :)

FYI, Stephanie is wearing 2 great Boob tops in these pictures - the Boob Warmer above and the Boob Nursing Tunic on the left.




Name – Stephanie

City – Toronto

Kids – One son who is, as he says, “pushing two”.

Job – I’m a SAHM, but I dabble in writing when the opportunity arises.

Best baby/kid product and why – A carrier, of course! And not just one… we use wraps, mei tais, ring slings and more with our little guy. As he goes through different stages, we discover new uses for all of them.

Favourite thing purchased from milkface and why – That’s a tie between all the awesome Boob tops I’ve got and our well-loved Ergo. The tops because I’ve got a VERY frequent nurser (yes, still!) and I love the fact that I don’t have to hike up a bulky top. Instead, Boob offers gorgeous, stylish tops that keep me covered and don’t get in the way while my son nurses. And the Ergo because, well, we’ve used it almost every day since my son was about six months old and I just can’t imagine what we’d do without it!

Favourite quick dinner – A trip around the block to my parents’ house!

Links you love –
http://www.thebabywearer.com/
http://www.craigslist.org/
http://www.celebrity-babies.com/ (my guilty pleasure!)

Best mom tip – Never underestimate a child's intelligence, understanding, and importance. Read to a newborn. Converse with a six month old. Brainstorm with a one year old. Defer to a toddler. If there's one thing I've learned in my brief time as a mom, it's that my son often knows a heck of a lot more than I do. (Some days, though, it's just a little harder to remember!)

Favourite way to relax – Curled up on the couch reading… to myself or to my little bibliophile boy.

Favourite game to play with the kids – It changes constantly because my son is at the stage where he’s always inventing something new. Right now I love our tea parties (with lots of pretend salt and pepper shaken into the tea, of course) and when my son breaks into a spontaneous verse of the Hokey Pokey.

Favourite thing to do on a rainy day with kids – A visit to the local train store is a great way to pass some time – there’s the fun of the splashy puddles on the way and the added bonus of train tables when we get there!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home